Are the words Image Consultant a little bit of a grey area for you? Have you or anyone you’ve known worked with an image consultant?
When I initially heard the words “image consultant”, I assumed they were meant for a particular caliber of people. Such as corporate leaders and people moving into leadership positions. I also thought it only revolved around people’s appearances, which I discovered was not a true statement.
Shedding Light on Image Consulting
Image consulting services are for all types of companies and business. It could be for the individual running their own business, independent consultants, coaches, direct sales consultants, and many more. Image Consulting is the umbrella that houses many services. Some of which are communication skills, leadership skills, image management, time management, behavior/etiquette, and personal branding.
I have found many people don’t understand the benefits of why they would want to hire an image consultant. Yes, helping people with their appearance can be fulfilling and fun! But if it doesn’t align with how you want to be perceived or your type of personality, putting clothes on your body is pointless.
How can you benefit from image consulting services?
- It can be a stepping stone in your career. I have worked with women and men who have needed assistance in multiple areas. Some of those being appearance, communication, dining etiquette, social etiquette, and relationship building . These are crucial skills that will help you go a long way in your career.
- You are attracting your customers, clients, and partnerships to your business. People make judgments based on their first impression of you. When you walk into a room people are observing how you are dressed, how you hold yourself, and if you make eye contact.
- Help you sell more products. Good energy, honesty, being trustworthy, and reliable are attractive qualities. If you are being aggressive when trying to promote your product, it is likely that people will be turned off. Whether you think they need it or not is beside the point. People want to know you care and have their best interest in mind. Does that happen with the first interaction? No! Building relationships takes time and image consulting can help you with this.
- Communicate more effectively. Communication is vital when working with a team, selling a product, or building partnerships in your business. You will encounter people from all walks of life and it is vital to understand who they are and how to connect with them. If you do this on a level they understand it will be beneficial for both of you.
- Build your confidence. Confidence comes from within. However, having someone you can bounce things off of and get feedback helps to build that confidence. It’s always good to hear someone say “you’re doing a great job”, “that was a great idea”, or “keep up the great work”. It is a confidence booster and validates that you are on the right track.
So Now What?
As a certified image consultant today and running my own image consulting business, I could go on and on. The benefits shared in this post are the biggies that might help to shed light on what image consulting entails. Yes, appearance can be a big part of this puzzle, but there is so much more.
If you struggle to find customers, build your team, sell your products confidently or communicate effectively, then hiring an image consultant may be your ticket.