Unlock Your Personal Style with an Organized Closet
Do you feel stressed out every time you open your bedroom closet? If so, you’re not alone. We all get busy and when we’re at our busiest, the closet is the first place to go. Why? Because it’s so easy to toss things into it, close the door and walk away.
Ten Ways to Easily Organize Your Closet
I know what it’s like to have a closet that is packed with clothes and yet constantly feel like you have nothing to wear. The good news is that having an organized closet is actually relatively easy.
The first step is to take an inventory of what’s already in there. To get your closet ready for next season, take a look around and ask yourself if you’re hoarding:
- Anything that does not fit you right now
- Anything you haven’t worn in more than 6 months
- Clothes and accessories that are out of style
- Clothes and accessories that are damaged
- Empty or damaged hangers (or wire hangers from the dry cleaners)
- Seasonal clothes in good condition
- Exercise equipment
- Pillows and blankets
For items 1-3, donate to Goodwill. There are also a lot of thrift stores that will take damaged items. Just make sure to label the bag “recycle items” when you drop them off. Everything else gets stored in its proper place. Pack seasonal clothing and bedding in large under-bed storage containers. Put books on the shelf where they belong. Shred, file or digitize paperwork. If you have an old mattress you’d like to get rid of, here are 10 Wonderful Ways to Donate a Mattress.
Having Trouble Getting Started?
For most of us, even though the actual work of organizing is simple, we have difficulty getting started. Why? Because getting organized is a surprisingly emotional endeavor.
We really have no idea how attached we are to our stuff until we try to throw some of it out. This is where I come in. As your coach, I can help you make decisions that you can’t (or won’t) make on your own. I can be the mediator between you and the voices in your head telling you to keep that blouse you haven’t worn in five years.
By working with me, you’ll finally be able to:
- Take the guesswork out of getting dressed every morning
- Save time so you’re not always late for work or that one important appointment
- Feel less stressed every time you open your closet door
- Shop your closet so you can stop spending hundreds of dollars on new clothes you don’t even need
The coaching I provide will help you feel better, look better, save time, and save money. Also, you won’t want to avoid the closet every time you walk by!